- MemberNovember 15, 2019 at 8:48 pm
Great news for those who love travelling to Saint Petersburg or just had plans to visit the city on the Neva river for the first time. Starting from October 2019, you can enter the city with an electronic visa. Such visas are free of charge, meaning that there is no consular fee.
The option is valid for citizen of 53 countries: Austria, Andorra, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, China and Taiwan, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kuwait, Finland, France, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Vatican.
The terms of applying for an e-visa to St Petersburg:
• Fill in the form on the website of the Russian ministry of foreign affairs at least 4 days before the entry date. Pay attention, you can apply for it at most 20 days in advance.
• E-visa is valid for 30 days after the approval.
• You can not extend the e-visa, but you can re-apply for a new one, once the validation period is over.
• A single-entry electronic visa to Saint Petersburg is valid for up to 8 days and can be used for tourism, business and humanitarian purposes.
Don’t forget to print an online approval of your e-visa and have medical insurance that covers the whole period of stay in the Northern capital of Russia. If you travel for the first time, you are recommended to book a guided tour around the city and its suburbs to get familiar with the popular tourist attractions and the history of the city and Russia as a whole.
Log in to reply.