- ModeratorOctober 19, 2019 at 8:33 am
Luna Park Sydney | Official Website: http://www.lunaparksydney.com
Address: 1 Olympic Drive, Milsons Point, New South Wales, Australia
This park shares the same name and circus/carnival-style games as the first Luna Park found in Coney Island Brooklyn. However, unlike its Brooklyn incarnation, Luna Park Sydney, and its family friendly entertainment, is still in operation from being established in 1935 (of course with many improvements and additional safety modifications over the years). The parks attractions include many iconic rides, such as Carousel, Ferris Wheel, Mirror Maze, the Rotor (a centrifuge-like drum ride), and more. Gaming spectacles include staples like Busting balloons with darts, putting basketballs thru hoops, ring toss, testing your hammer-hitting strength, and knocking over stacked up cans with nothing but a throwing arm and a ball just to name a few. If you find yourself hungry after winning a few prizes, you are also in luck. Luna Park Sydney has a few dining options available, Altum Restaurant featuring modern Australian cuisine blended with Mediterranean influences, The Hungry Horse where you can get an artisan pizza, or more Coney Island classics like Hot dogs, Burgers, Ice Cream, or Fairly Floss (aka cotton candy). For rides an attractions various tickets are available based on your height (kids can cost half as much) and can be reasonable if you plan to spend all day here.
- Accessibility: The Park is accessible throughout, however many of the rides may require transferring, use of steps, etc. see “Ride Accessibility” note below for more specific information.
- Facilities: All restrooms within the park have facilities that are accessible for guests using wheelchairs. A “companion restroom” is located beside the Front Ticket Box.
- Tickets: Entry itself is free, so if you do not wish to partake of any of the rides while other friends or family do, you can still enjoy the rest of the park. However, if you do get tickets and are disabled, and your caregiver has proof of being your caregiver (i.e. NSW Companion Card), they may be eligible to accompany you free of charge. Enquire at Guest Relations, located opposite the Ferris Wheel.
- Parking: Accessible parking is available (may require a fee).
- Service Dogs: Service animals are permitted throughout most of the park; however they are not permitted on many of the rides themselves (mostly due to the nature of the rides).
- Ride Accessibility: Go here for a listing of rides and requirements to access them: https://www.lunaparksydney.com/sites/default/files/2019-05/Rider%20Safety%20and%20Accessibility%20Quick%20Guide%20-%20December%202018.pdf
“Luna Park Sydney Official Website.” Sydney’s Luna Park, http://www.lunaparksydney.com/.
Log in to reply.