- AdministratorSeptember 21, 2018 at 11:10 am
Just curious about how travelers can go from one city to another as a wheelchair user in South Africa. Are the trains wheelchair accessible?
- MemberSeptember 22, 2018 at 2:41 pm
Hi! I’m doing some research into all options and will revert shortly.
Those that come to mind off the top of my head:
- Air travel between cities – flights between major cities would be accessible.
- Car Hire – with hand controls if you are able to drive, or a wheelchair accessible vehicle if a traveller doesn’t drive with a hand-control vehicle but has a companion to do the driving.
- Tour operators – scheduled tours
- Luxury Trains. They have set routes, dates and itineraries, so not for general city-to-city travel.
For more independent travel options, I’m doing some research, have started making contact and will revert soonest with an updated post if there are more options available.
- AdministratorSeptember 22, 2018 at 8:11 pm
just curious, so please don’t go out of your way please!
Log in to reply.