- MemberJune 1, 2019 at 7:11 pm
I use a power wheelchair and will be visiting Chicago in the States. What is the best way to get around? Uber WAV? Is public transportation accessible?
- AdministratorJune 1, 2019 at 7:18 pm
There are definitely Uber WAV available, but also some accessible taxi services in Chicago:
- ChitownCabbie Taxi Service – All of their taxis are wheelchair accessible – https://www.chitowncabbie.com/
- Open Taxis – centralized dispatch for all Chicago wheelchair accessible vehicles – http://opentaxis.com/
All buses are wheelchair accessible too.
- MemberOctober 1, 2019 at 12:22 am
I may be too late to the game — sorry about that.
While the buses are (supposed to be) w/c Accessible, only some of the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) train stations are Accessible (with elevator). Here is an inelegant and cumbersomely written list of those.
If you already went to Chicago I hope you had a marvelous time! We are going mid-October for a long weekend. After, I’ll post all our specifics because we are going Full Tourist.
Log in to reply.