Reply To: Disney Parade Rules for Wheelchair Users in Different Countries

• Carlos

July 20, 2023 at 12:55 pm

Yes, Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea is the only Disney Park not owned by Disney at all. I think the property is leased to Disney, though. Because of this, policies are not the same as in other Disney Parks.

I don’t have a trach, nor have I gone to the Parks with someone who has. I can only tell you my experience as a past Disneyland Annual Passholder and one-visit WDW visitor who uses a power wheelchair.

For the parades, the wheelchair sections can accommodate two to three rows of wheelchairs deep, about two wheelchairs wide. Generally, there isn’t enough room for a parent to be in front, as the front row goes right up to the line of the sidewalk. Nobody is allowed to cross that line, as performers use the entire width of the ‘street’. (Also, there are no chairs for anyone to sit on.) Cast Members (all Disney employees are called this) ask that wheelchairs go in front, while everyone else stands behind them. (I’ve seen ambulatory kids sit on grandma’s lap or crouch in front of their loved one’s wheelchair.) I have never seen a Cast Member ask an ambulatory child to be separated from their parent. To prevent this, people will secure their spot about an hour before.

I hope this helps. For the situation you describe, the family could get to the section early and mom claim her spot in front of the wheelchair. Reasonable fellow attendees should be okay with this. As for Cast Members, you can only hope so.

Skip to content