Reply To: Chronic medication when moving to Japan

  • Jiahui

    April 28, 2022 at 10:19 pm

    Hi Marcel,

    Nice to see you!

    I am Jiahui. I am planning to go to Japan these days, and as a person with a disability, I am preparing medical materials now. So maybe I can give some personal advice.

    It would be better if you can invite your doctor to write an introduction letter for you, to describe your current health situation. It might be fine if you don’t have one, but that way, you may need to go to a clinic in Japan to have this introduction letter, before going to the general hospital. The introduction letter should have the doctor’s signature, and it would be better if it is in the hospital’s envelope and has the seal on the envelope’s flap.

    The test result related to your health situation and the medical certificate may also be helpful.

    If you have further questions, please feel free to tell me : )

Skip to content