Reply To: I’m physically disabled and want to live in Japan someday

• Jiahui

August 19, 2022 at 6:13 pm

Hi, I am Zeng mentioned by Josh. Nice to see you!

I was admitted by the University in March of last year. Right after that, I contacted the staff in my graduate school about life in Tokyo. I would say that the preparation process would take a lot of time.

For me, the university helped me find a manager, and she knows how to connect with caregiver companies and the care system of government. So she really helped me a lot, I would say that without her help, it would be much more difficult for me to finish all the procedures.

I arrived in Tokyo this May, and it took me 2 months to apply for care service support from the government. I think it is the fastest pace. Because we have prepared all the documents and have talked with the government staff before I arrived here. Also, because the manager helped me contact caregiver companies, I don’t need to find them after arriving here. So, as Josh have said, generally speaking, it takes 4 or 5 months for you to really settle down.

So I would say, it would be nice if you come here first as a student, so you can get help from your school. And also, if you can find a manager who helps you to finish these processes, and prepare as much as possible before you really arrive here, it will be much easier.

Anyway, good luck and plz feel free to ask more : )

Skip to content