Reply To: I’m physically disabled and want to live in Japan someday

  • Josh Grisdale

    September 12, 2022 at 3:36 pm


    If you have a disability you can apply for a “shogaisha techo” (障害者手帳). You get it from the welfare department of your city hall. With that you should get transportation discounts.

    Getting tax breaks is likely based on your previous years income, so if you have only been here a year they may not have the data yet to to verify… but this isn’t really a tax forum… if you go to the tax office (different than the city office!) they can explain what you would need for exemptions.

Skip to content