Reply To: Guides for Disability Living in Japan

  • Mr.Marsh

    October 15, 2022 at 4:41 pm

    Thank you for the response. I looked into obtaining a 障害者手帳 (shogaisha tech, or disability ID) from the local city office. Applying appears to be the same as applying for a Disability Pension(?!) which is something I don’t want to do, as I fear it could interfere with further visa approval. I can’t find any official information. The local government translation service pointed me the English version of the website but all the PDFs are in Japanese. If you have time to point me in the right direction or recommend services (tax filers, accessible apartments) please message me. Any information would be appreciated,

Skip to content