Reply To: Any advice for July 2018 Japan trip?

• giacopini

June 25, 2018 at 5:54 am

My husband grew up in a largely Japanese American neighborhood (Gardena, CA) so he grew up with Japanese food and we both love it and are quite familiar with it. Any recommendations for accessible and awesome restaurants especially in Kyoto and Tokyo, but also any of the ports on our cruise (Hiroshima, Busan (S Korea), Sakaiminato, Kanazawa, Sakata) would be most welcome! Our friend wants to do a Kaiseki dinner in Tokyo.  We are concerned about accessibility given the setting (tatami, low tables, etc). I can get out of my chair and can extend my legs out straight with back support but cannot cross my legs. Any recommendations?

We’re very interested in historic and cultural sites, temples, museums, architecture, gardens. We will be in Kyoto on July 7 for Tanabata Matsuri. Do you recommend going to Kodai-Ji?

We are also baseball fans.  It would be cool to see Japanese baseball, but are unsure if we want to our limited time there seeing a ball game.

Regarding the cruise, I cannot go up steps so unlike the guy discussed by @twoboysmom00 , Princess says they will provide zero options for me. So any help regarding transportation on the port stops would be really helpful. (Hiroshima — definitely want to see nuclear bomb site and also Miyajima but we only have 7am-8pm–, Busan (S Korea), Sakaiminato, Kanazawa, Sakata)

Thanks,

Dorene

Skip to content