Reply To: Blind and Autistic

• Unknown Member

February 14, 2018 at 12:55 am

Hello <span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>AccessibleJapan

Thank you for taking time to reply.

The discount part i understand completely. Thank you for mentioning that.

What do we do if we have to enter or leave train and i have to guide my wife.

How does something like this work in Japan? What if we are not fast enough?

Unfortunately in Switzerland theres only a card that shows that you get “disability pension” and with that card you get discounts in Switzerland.

In the case of my wife theres no such card, because she doesnt receive “disability pension” and so we dont get any discount. Nowhere.

What we have is the public transportation card, that allows us to travel with the dog and the caregiver and her with one ticket. Thats it.

No else legitimation we got. Thats why i ask so much time in advance. If there would be a chance to get something like a card for her that would be good i think.

Attached is a photo i found on the web of this armwrist she has. We bought this one in Austria (because Switzerland has nothing like that). This we could use?

Stairs for us is no problem, as long as she can walk behind me and touch me while walking, so she knows if it goes upstairs/downstairs.

The Problem at the restaurant would more be finding the toilet, so i need to help her with that. As she sees nothing i take her to mens toilet in Switzerland.

Is there any problem doing this in Japan?

Thanks too for the 2 links to guest posts, i will go and read them now.

Greetings

Reto

PS: would be cool to meet you in person when we are in Tokyo.

Skip to content