Reply To: Looking for info on work & living in Japan for a disabled person.

  • Josh Grisdale

    July 21, 2019 at 7:59 pm


    Yes, I know a guy who is doing his PhD at Tokyo University and is getting services (I think it took 2 months), so studying is an option.

    Also, getting a company to provide a work visa for someone already established in Japan as a student is “less risk” than hiring someone from overseas and with only travel experience.  (ie they have shown they are not just going to go home if they get homesick, can interact with the government/city hall, have a place to live, etc)

    In that respect, coming over for even a 1 year language school program is even a good option.

    … but of course that is a lot of money…

    It is not really an issue on the government side as much as the company hiring someone because the person is their responsibility.


Skip to content