Travel Japan 101 – Help

• Accessible Japan

February 18, 2019 at 10:41 pm

Either will likely have a bit of an overlap with the rainy season: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2277.html

However, after the rainy season it is very hot and humid, much more so than when it starts.  So, earlier is likely nicer weather but less time to plan 🙂

• demarie

February 18, 2019 at 11:22 pm

We are going to take Your Full Day Accessible Highlight Tour in Tokyo for 4 people!

• Accessible Japan

February 19, 2019 at 11:35 am

Great!  The guy who runs the tour is very kind.  Have a good time!

• demarie

February 20, 2019 at 4:37 am

I am looking through all the tours that are posted on Accesible Travel.  Was wondering when it says “Not Wheelchair Accessible” what that acutally means in the establishments.  i.e. Maybe tatami floors and they don’t want a wheelchair on them, steps, place too narrow etc..  If we were to book a Geisha Show (which says Not Wheelchair Accessible) can we park the wheelchair at entry and carry Matthew to the floor?  He is able to sit on the floor but not walk.  Just wondering… and carrying him will have to be a short distance.

• Accessible Japan

February 20, 2019 at 6:19 am

Only the ones here are accessible, or the guide can make it accessible based on needs:

https://www.partner.viator.com/en/22764/travel-tips/Accessible-Tours-in-Tokyo/ttd

However, this is a list from Viator we selected, so if you click on related items you may go to other tours.  Can you share the link to the one you saw?

• demarie

February 26, 2019 at 9:52 am

We have booked our Japan flights!!!  Houston to Narita – May 27 – June 12.   Me, Kevin, Evan (17) and Matthew (20 – has CP is in a wheelchair).  Wheelchair travel here we come!  I will have lots more questions.  Thank you all for helping out with the first few responses.

• Accessible Japan

February 26, 2019 at 10:28 am

Yay!  That is so exciting!

If you have other questions, please feel free to start a new thread for each topic 🙂

• demarie

May 25, 2019 at 11:17 am

Do you tip your tour guide in Japan?

• Accessible Japan

May 25, 2019 at 11:29 am

Nope, Japan is a non-tipping culture.  Same for restaurants etc.

Pretty nice, huh!

• demarie

May 26, 2019 at 8:16 am

We are flying out of the USA on Monday May 27.  How should we break our money down on a daily basis to make it easy for train, bus, food etc.   Example:  $100 usd should be in what form of yen to get around….what are buses, trains and eatting places taking?  Hope this makes sense.  We are looking forward to our trip.

Page 2 of 3

Skip to content