AITCAP 2023 is concluded! We’re sharing the Highlights and the Recordings

• AITCAP 2023 is concluded! We’re sharing the Highlights and the Recordings

Posted by GetAboutAble on May 16, 2023 at 3:41 pm

After our In-person part of the Accessible & Inclusive Tourism Conference in the Asia-Pacific (AITCAP), our Online Day program offered additional tips and showcased some great examples of how to Start Change Now. We heard from more than 30 speakers, had passionate discussions in the chat and enjoyed a nice virtual Get-together event to finish the day on a high note.

We’ve gathered some highlights for everyone to read here: https://aitcap.getaboutable.com/past-session/2023/online-day-highlights/

1. The social impact of accessible & inclusive tourism and events is huge

2. Think of Accessibility & Inclusivity as an asset to your business, not as a requirement

3. “You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be clear” – Suzie Stollznow

4. How you welcome your visitor is as important as the accessibility of your infrastructure

5. Applying for an award is a great step forward

Recordings for our Online Day content can still be purchased so it’s not too late to benefit from all the learning that happened there: https://aitcap.getaboutable.com/purchase-2023-recordings/

Let us know if you’d like to access more resources!

Joan Pahisa replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joan Pahisa

July 9, 2023 at 3:51 am

Hi GetAboutAble,

Today I finished watching all the AITCAP online conference. It took me quite a bit, as I had some busy months, but I’m really glad that I finally did it.

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on putting together such a nice conference and great group of panelists. Even though I’m not based in the Asia-Pacific region, since I lived in Japan for a year about 5 years ago, it’s a region that I’ve really wanted to explore more, but that I didn’t know much about yet in terms of availability of accessible tourism.

Currently, I’m an accessibility consultant in Spain, for technology and software and also for the built environment. Also, as I enjoy to travel a lot, I recently started an accessible travel podcast. For all this, I was interested in your conference both from a personal and a professional standpoint.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the conference as, from a professional standpoint, I’ve been able to learn about resources that I can use when doing my job as a consultant in order to present the benefits of accessibility with specific figures and case studies, know about the Accessible Tourism Toolkit with great videos to start conversations and begin learning about accessibility and access the handy templates that I’ll be studying to improve mine.

From a traveler standpoint, I’ve really enjoyed learning about accessible travel companies, projects and organizations, mostly in the Asia-Pacific region, but not only, that will be a great starting point when planning my future trips. Destinations such as Thailand, Malaysia and Australia are now on my radar, as well as tools like Wheel the World. Also, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on initiatives, such as All Wheels Up and Travel Paws and get tips from their resources from now on.

The thing is, despite taking quite some time to reply, I really wanted to let you know about my experience with AITCAP and encourage you for following editions. Keep up the good work!

Also, I learned more about your organization and even checked your open positions. If I were living in Australia, I think I would definitely enjoy working with you : )

I hope to keep seeing you around the TabiFolk community!

• GetAboutAble

Organizer
    July 10, 2023 at 5:57 pm

Hi Joan,

I can’t tell you how much our team has appreciated your message! We love hearing that AITCAP has had some positive impact, especially on the “other end” of the world.

We’re also excited about the opportunity to connect, you’ve heard it before if you watched the recordings but that’s something we strongly believe in as a way to reinforce access and inclusion everywhere.

So we hope you’ll travel to Asia-Pacific soon and come and say G’day to us in Australia!

In the meanwhile, let’s stay in touch on Tabifolk, I’m sure great things will come out of it.

• Joan Pahisa

July 14, 2023 at 2:44 am

I’m glad you appreciated the comment. I really wanted to congratulate you on the good work!

By the way, I’ll definitely let you know whenever I go to Australia : ) In the meantime, we’re connected through TabiFolk!

Skip to content