Accessible Vietnam

• Accessible Vietnam

Posted by charlotte on October 3, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Vietnam might not be the 1st destination one has in mind for accessible travel but you would be surprised how worry free it can be with a specialized travel agency!  Roll  in Asia offers à la carte programs from North to South Vietnam with a great diversity of experiences, visits, encounters and fun.

Unknown Member replied 4 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

October 3, 2017 at 7:11 pm

An excellent group – highly recommended!  Check out their website too!

http://rollinasia-travel.com/en

• Kamil

October 11, 2018 at 6:47 pm

Hi guys! Thanks for this thread! I am an electric wheelchair user and I am seriously thinking of visiting Vietnam in 2019 if possible! My basic questions are:

• How is the accessibility? Would I survive with an electric wheelchair?
    • What about transport?
    • Which season is the best to go?
    • Do you know anything about vaccines etc?

Thank you in advance!

• charlotte

October 11, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Hi Kamil,

Vietnam is not the most accessible country but it is totally possible to visit with an electric wheelchair.

There are plenty of visits which are accessible and the travel agency Roll in Asia can provide an adapted hotel room, a van with ramps and a guide whom knows exactly where to go when using a wheelchair.

No need of particular vaccination nor malaria treatment for Vietnam.

Best season is pretty much always because there are 3 seasons at the same time in Vietnam depending if you are in the north, center or south  of the country; but in overall for the whole country March, April, May and June is really nice and September, October, November as well.

Hope this helps.

If you would like to get a tailored travel proposal feel free to email me with your preferred length of stay, how many people would travel, if you have a determined budget etc…

Charlotte from Roll in Asia Travel.
    [email protected]
    http://www.rollinasia-travel.com 

• Kamil

October 11, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for the reply and the information! Sure, I will email you!

• duke

October 13, 2018 at 11:34 am

Hi Kamil,

This is Duke from Hanoi, the North Of Vietnam, I would like to share with you that Vietnam Tourism is rising up, and unfortunately, the service for the wheelchair traveler is not as many as the country in USA or Europe, but do not worry about the disadvantage of the service. because in Vietnam we also have a big number of wheelchair users.

I would like to share your concern as below.

How is the accessibility? Would I survive with an electric wheelchair?

the perfect choice for you with the electric user, you could discover the market, the city, and tourist site yourself in the big city. The Vietnamese is very helpful and you will have no issue when you travel from destination to destination.

What about transport?

you may not believe the traffic in Vietnam especially in the big city such as Hanoi capital, Ho Chi Minh. it is Chaotic.  but the tourist site we have a priority path for the wheelchair user . not everywhere but there is.
    Which season is the best to go?

In the north of Vietnam. Best time to travel is from October to June yearly due to the weather is dry and cool. it will cold in jan, Feb, March (about from 13c-22c sometimes down to 8c-10c)

In the central of Vietnam. Hue, Hoi An. from Oct to Jun as well

In the south of Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh. the dry season is from jun to Sept every year.

and nowadays, the weather is very changeable and the weather information above is one of the advice. please check the weather condition before travel.

My suggestion for the best time travel to Vietnam from Oct for all site in Vietnam from the North to the south.

Do you know anything about vaccines etc?

No need any vaccination even if you need any vaccines, it iw available in Vietnam. we have so many international hospital and medical care in the big city like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh.

I wish this help you.

If you need any more information or any Vietnam itinerary with the accessible destination.

Please write to me your trip duration, the number of the group and any special need.

we will build the trip for you with the best advice.

[email protected]

vactravel.com

+84912130878 – i am available on Whatsapp

• Kamil

October 13, 2018 at 6:12 pm

Hi @duke,

Thanks for the message and the information! I will check your website too. By the way, do you have adapted cars for wheelchair users?

• Tirthankar

February 28, 2019 at 12:49 am

Theres a lot of information out here.
    Yyyyaaaayyyyeeee…. 🙂

• Unknown Member

June 14, 2019 at 1:54 am

[postquote quote=6869][/postquote]
    Know this is a reply for someone else but really informative. Vietnam is also in my list.

Skip to content