Caribbean travel

• Caribbean travel

Posted by repeats on January 7, 2019 at 12:36 am

I wondering if people with disabilities are as recognized in the caribbean as they are in Canada/US.

repeats replied 5 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

January 7, 2019 at 9:50 am

Hi!

I went to the Bahamas a number of years ago, and I remember it being similar (but not necessarily the latest infrastructure).  But I imagine it varies a lot depending on which country you visit in the Caribbean…

I think one of the users on the site – @impactvacations – has accessible vacations there and may be able to comment with more recent information.

Which country do you plan on visiting?  Maybe I can help you look up information – I love research 🙂

• Josh Grisdale

January 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Started looking around after your question and wonder if this site might help: https://www.accessiblecaribbeanvacations.com

It is mostly cruise packages (which you may or may not be interested in), but there a number of detailed descriptions for different points of interest as well as ports across the Caribbean.  They discuss the good and bad accessibility points etc.

• repeats

January 8, 2019 at 11:24 am

On a cruise a few years ago one of our ports was San Juan,  I didn’t have a scooter at the time only a wheelchair, had to be the worst place to navigate being in a wheelchair, a policeman stopped the traffic just so we could cross an intersection, ……there is no asphalt.

Skip to content