Private Guide or Cruise Operator. What to choose?

• Private Guide or Cruise Operator. What to choose?

Posted by stpetersburg-guide-anna on March 9, 2020 at 6:09 am

As a matter of fact, it is possible to visit Saint Petersburg Russia without any visa. It is possible to do so being on a cruise line. Many travellers wonder whether it is better to book a guided tour from a cruise operator or at the city itself.

So today I’d like to share with you some thoughts of mine, and will be interested to know your opinion or maybe personal experience.

I personally faced a situation when private guide services were cheaper, though still as good (and sometimes better) than those offered on a cruise. Practically, travel guides include only their costs in the price of a visa free tour. At the same time, cruise operators have a range of expenses.

Another important moment is that personal guides offer different travel programs, that are much more diversified comparing to a stated list of services by cruise operators. Local guides know more about the city and generally can show and tell you more.

Often operators want to gather large groups of tourists for shore excursions. Not sure that’s the best way to explore the city, when you need to stay “alarmed” not to lose a group, instead of purely enjoying the sights and attractions.

By the way, with a private guide it is possible to arrange a tour you like. For example, as for Saint Petersburg, you can visit not only the historical city center, but also its suburbs like Peterhof and Tsarskoe Selo. In terms of accessibility matters, it is possible to arrange a special van to comfortably move around the city.

So what do you think about such reasoning? What do you prefer – booking a guide on a cruise or from a home operator or directly in the city you travel to?

P.S. To find out more details on one or two days visa free tours in Saint Petersburg Russia visit this page — Visa-Free Shore Excursion in St Petersburg.

stpetersburg-guide-anna replied 4 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Skip to content