Finding if a flight has an accessible toilet

• Finding if a flight has an accessible toilet

Posted by Josh Grisdale on October 23, 2023 at 10:54 am

I understand more and more long-haul flights have accessible toilets now (Is it a legal requirement?). Is there an easy way to check if a flight will have an accessible toilet on board or not? Or do you need to call up the airline?

alliejay replied 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Carlos

October 23, 2023 at 12:09 pm

It depends on what you consider accessible. They’re accessible to me because I can be transferred to the aisle chair. I think when you indicate that you require an aisle chair, they’ll make sure to include an onboard aisle chair. It is legally required on US flights.

And, there’s this: https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/Rule-finalized-wheelchair-accessible-airplane-bathroom

• Josh Grisdale

October 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm

Good point. Yes, I was envisioning a large airplane (787 or 747), transferring to an aisle chair and being wheeled to the toilet where the toilet is either large enough for the aisle chair to go inside, or two middle toilets have the partition removed and act as a large toilet.

I have used both in the past and wondered if all airlines have them now, or if I was just lucky….

• alliejay

October 27, 2023 at 12:36 am

I have only seen them on long haul flights myself but it’s not consistent in my experience.

Skip to content