Accessible Tourism communication survey

• pieterghijsels

May 25, 2021 at 6:51 pm

Is my understanding right that the survey is mostly directed to tour operators? Should other tourism professionals participate as “private citizens”?

• Stefania

May 25, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Dear Pieter, thank you for your question! The survey is open to everyone, both tourism operators/professionals working/or not working in the field of Accessible Tourism, and private citizens, with or without disabilities.

Thank you for you participation 🙂

Stefania

• Josh Grisdale

May 26, 2021 at 10:10 am

Thank you for posting this – just filled it out 🙂

• Stefania

May 26, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Thanks for your participation Josh 🙂

• Servaas Kamerling

May 28, 2021 at 8:58 pm

Dear Stefania, I have completed the survey, but unfortunately find it confusing. I have completed the survey valid for me personally (as a paraplegic), in which contrast, braille, etc. is unimportant. But of course this is important for other users. Further, symbols, language are more or less important in different situations which I feel is inadequately covered in the survey. i.e. pre-info, info at attendance, signage during attendance, etc.. I fear that your return will not offer what you seek. Please consider my criticism as constructive as I know that effective survey constructs are not easy.

• Stefania

May 28, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Dear Servaas, thank you for your feedback, which I find very constructive indeed.

The aim of the survey is to gather also, and in particular, these kind of observations and to understand what seems to be considered more important for tourists or tourist operators in terms of linguistic accessibility. We don’t want to gather general “right opinions” on the specific questions regarding the features to be employed in the context of accessible tourism communication (e.g. symbols, alternative texts, formats etc.), as the survey aims also at assessing the potential awareness (or lack of it) on the main textual features that can employed in the context of accessible tourism communication. That’s why the survey addresses a wide number of profiles and contains sections in which it is possible to add further comments. I hope you managed to fill them in with your observations 🙂

Thank you once again for your feedback and for taking the time to complete the survey!

All the best

Stefania

Skip to content