Booking Accessible Rooms on Hotel.com

• Booking Accessible Rooms on Hotel.com

Posted by mrtiesto on May 3, 2019 at 9:10 am

Hey everyone

What are your thoughts on booking via sites like hotels.com when you have a disability?  Have you had good experiences?  Bad experiences?

Do you have tips?

Thanks!

Unknown Member replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Julie

May 4, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I would be wary of the fine print and do extensive research. Sometimes accessibility, as defined by ADA, is not what we may think of comfortable accessibility. A Florida room is accessible to some and may meet the minimum requirements and yet not be ideal for someone with low trunk control that needs more than that. Being able to have someone talk through needs is so important. Plus, if something is needed or goes wrong, who are you calling at Hotel.Com.

For a day- it is probably okay. For a week in a place that you are not familiar with – buyer beware.

• mrtiesto

May 7, 2019 at 9:51 am

Gotcha…

Their point system is appealing, but good points.  I guess if I want to use them, it would be best to contact the hotel directly about the room first, and then book with hotels.com after…

But, like you mentioned, only if it is for just a night and you can cope if things don’t go as planned!

Do you usually call to book your hotel stays?

• Unknown Member

June 8, 2019 at 2:53 am

I agree with Julie. Better contact the hotel directly, although picking one takes more work.

Skip to content