Hotels for finding accessible hotel rooms

• Hotels for finding accessible hotel rooms

Posted by Josh Grisdale on April 18, 2022 at 4:50 pm

Hello,

I was asked by a researcher for examples of sites that focus on accessible hotels from around the world.

What does everyone use?

I generally tend to look at the hotel I want to stay at figure out its accessibility, instead of starting with accessible rooms and seeing if I want to stay there.

Josh Grisdale replied 1 year, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • schroth-sensei

April 19, 2022 at 3:18 am

Hey Josh,

Initially I use some of the major travel sites (e.g. travelocity), find a hotel within my price range, then try to navigate that hotels actual website for more room detail information (I especially like seeing those sites with layout plans of each type of room available). While I’ve found rooms that work for me, I do wish the travel websites showed more accessible room options though.

I also try to bundle my flight & hotel when it saves some money, so that has been a deciding factor in using a travel site as well.

-Justin

• Josh Grisdale

April 19, 2022 at 9:36 am

Yes, same here… I’m sure there are sites specializing in accessible hotels, just never used any!

• Servaas Kamerling

April 20, 2022 at 1:02 am

Hi, from experience, I know of several but these are more nationally oriented, like https://www.accessiblespaintravel.com. Typically I use general sites like booking.com (here you can filter on accessibility or premises and rooms – whether these are accurate or not is another matter). Great for orientation, but I always book direct. The problem with generic sites is that preferences and comments don’t get though.

• Josh Grisdale

April 20, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Thank you! Yeah, it is always best to contact directly.

I think you can do that after booking with Hotels.com but I never remember where the option is!

Do you have any examples of hotels that do a good job (great job?) of explaining their accessibility features on their website? Like, “I wish every hotel website was like this!”

Skip to content