Wheelchair accessible transportation in New Delhi

• Wheelchair accessible transportation in New Delhi

Posted by Josh Grisdale on May 18, 2018 at 11:29 am

Hello,

Does anyone know of options for accessible transportation in New Delhi?  Are there any wheelchair accessible taxis that have wheelchair lifts?

Thank you!

wanderinglia10 replied 2 years, 11 months ago 9 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • planet-abled

August 13, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Hi Josh,

There is no formalized wheelchair accessible taxi service in New Delhi, due to lack of sufficient number of cars. Though if you plan in advance, a wheelchair accessible vehicle is available on need basis.

If you let us know the details would be happy to arrange it for you.

• Josh Grisdale

August 14, 2018 at 3:12 pm

That is great to know, thank you!

• nbhatiagmail-com

July 16, 2019 at 5:10 am

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to organise help for accessible taxi from Delhi airport. My mom has a hip fracture on holiday and had surgery . She plans to fly in end of July . Not sure what facility is available as we will need a wheelchair as well

• planet-abled

July 16, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Hello Mr. Bhatia,

We would be happy tp arrange for a wheelchair accessible vehicle for your mother along with a wheelchair.

Please share the travel dates and flight details, including the address of transfer in Delhi with us at [email protected]

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards. 
    neha

• tasmaidave

October 24, 2019 at 4:41 pm

The best way to hire a Toyota Innova car and driver for the day is if you’re in a wheelchair. The Metro is not suitable as there is no connection from the Metro station other than autorickshaws to the sightseeing locations that you can not navigate. Don’t try to sightsee by Metro, I say, There’s no wheelchair access to the Hop On Hop Off train. Nevertheless, it is one-step low-floor access to make it easier to board than the usual high-stairs.

• kanikasharma

January 10, 2020 at 12:45 am

Very rarely you will get taxi’s having wheel chair facility.

• harshjain

August 26, 2020 at 11:46 am

Hello Neha,

I would also require this type of service i.e. a van or a car where wheelchair enter directly. Actually its my wedding and we have 2 functions and My mosi is handicapped and I am looking for such an option for her so that she is able to join the function.

Please let me know that how should i reach to you to fix the things and make bookings.

You can reach out to me at [** Email Removed by Moderator **]

Thanks

Harsh Jain

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    August 26, 2020 at 12:02 pm

@harshjain we removed your email address to protect you from spam. Neha can contact you via the messaging system so don’t worry!

• planet-abled

August 29, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Hi Harsh,

Sure happy to assist you. Would like to know the dates when you need the vehicle.

Messaging you privately so that we can have a detailed discussion.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    neha

• planet-abled

August 29, 2020 at 6:38 pm

Thanks Josh for filling in for me while I was away.

Best Regards,
    neha

Page 1 of 2

Skip to content