accessibility in several locations

• accessibility in several locations

Posted by ryuk52109 on February 28, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Hi, I was wondering-how accessible are J-world, Tokyo Disneyland/sea and the Ghibli Museum?  I have always wanted to check them out and am curious.  The site mentions Akihabara, but not these locations (unless I looked in the wrong section).  Thanks in advance

Accessible Japan replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • wilgo

February 28, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Hi,

Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea are fully accessible.

Ghibli Museum is also accessible.

Both are great places to visit.

• ryuk52109

February 28, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Thanks, any info on J-world?  It’s meant to be an in-door anime themepark or something of the sort.

• wilgo

February 28, 2019 at 5:15 pm

J-World was closed on February 17, 2019, unfortunately, as it was originally scheduled since its opening 6 years ago.

• ryuk52109

February 28, 2019 at 5:23 pm

dang, just a bit too late.  Thanks for letting me know.

• Accessible Japan

March 1, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!  Thank you @wilgo for your answers!

In addition to the Ghibli link above, here is our review:
    https://www.accessible-japan.com/places/japan/tokyo/mitaka/attractions/the-ghibli-museum/

An additional note on Disney.  The parks are accessible, there are many accessible toilets, and shows and restaurants are accessible.  However, it should be noted that after the earthquake and tsunami in 2011, many locations – including Disney – updated their safety policies.  Unfortunately, one of the changes was that anyone using a ride must be able to evacuate by themselves – so those who cannot walk cannot go on the rides.  Shows and some attractions where you stay in your wheelchair are fine, but any ride requiring you to get into a vehicle (like splash mountain etc) is not open to wheelchair users.

Skip to content