Accessibility of Isuzu Plaza

• Accessibility of Isuzu Plaza

Posted by Accessible Japan on August 27, 2020 at 9:38 am

If you are interested in classic cars from Japan, then you may want to check out Isuzu Plaza in Fujisawa near Tokyo.

There are many regular and temporary exhibits showing cars, trucks and buses made by Isuzu Motors from over the years.

There is an elevator in the facility and an accessible toilet on the first floor.

Check out the facilities here:
    https://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/plaza/index.html

Accessible Japan replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gbgb

August 27, 2020 at 12:44 pm

I followed up the link in your post to the museum website.

It looks very good. But the web site didn’t have a map that I saw. What is the best way to get to the museum? What train line and what station is the closest? Is the museum far from the station.

I see from the web site that Isuzu is providing free “slightly acidic electrolyzed water” to neighbors because there is a shortage of alcohol based disinfectants. BYOB. That is a nice touch!

• Accessible Japan

August 27, 2020 at 1:26 pm

Hello,

The closest station is Shonandai on Odakyu’s Enoshima line. The station has elevators and an accessible toilet. Note that the east exit is accessible, but not the west one.

A shuttle bus runs between the station’s east exit and the museum. Unfortunately, the bus is a touring bus and has steps into the passenger area and a luggage compartment below. We gave the museum a call and they said if a customer uses a folding manual wheelchair, it can be taken in the undercarriage and staff will help the customer onto the bus.

If folding a wheelchair or getting up the steps is out of the question is out of the question, then the only option is to walk – for about 20 minutes. Confused

We took the opportunity to ask them to provide alternative options for those who cannot ride the bus – after all they make accessible buses as well!

Skip to content