Accessible and family room

• Accessible and family room

Posted by Anaïs K on October 23, 2023 at 12:40 am

Hello again me 🙂

Do you know hotels/ ryokan with family and accessible rooms? About Tokyo/ Nagano/ Kyoto/ Hikone/ Osaka.

I already found some, thanks to Ohayo Travel. Family rooms are rare 😅

Thank you in advance!

Anaïs

Josh Grisdale replied 9 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    October 24, 2023 at 11:54 am

Maybe you can look at the hotels on Accessible Japan with accessible rooms, and then from there look to see if they have a family room?

• Anaïs K

October 24, 2023 at 6:38 pm

thanks again Josh 🙂

I had started looking but all the hotels were full. But I think (and I hope ) that this is because reservations are not yet open (for end of April). And from what I could see is that the fully accessible room is rarely family. But I found some! It is especially at the bathroom level that it can be complicated:) especially when there is only one photo ^^ but I send an email to the hotel and they answer me very quickly !

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 24, 2023 at 6:53 pm

Please share what you can find and we can add it to Accessible Japan as well!

• Anaïs K

October 24, 2023 at 8:47 pm

Ok Josh with pleasure 🙂 But some rooms are not ‘”officially” accessible rooms, ( not necessarily armchair in the bathroom ) but an open shower for example; it will not suit all. Do I share this?

• schroth-sensei

October 24, 2023 at 10:31 pm

Hello Anais,
    Non-universal rooms that are still very accessible are always good to know about, especially if the whole hotel is the same because this means all the usable rooms may not be sold out. Chances are that info could help someone looking in the same area in the future. 😉
    -Justin

• Anaïs K

October 25, 2023 at 12:47 am

Hello: ) Thank you for your answer; it is true that some rooms are accessible even if “non universal”. I will share them on this post 🙂 hoping it will be useful!

• Anaïs K

October 25, 2023 at 4:36 pm

Hello every body 🙂

I found two hotels in Tokyo that have accessible rooms:

KOKO Hotel has a specific room for people in wheelchairs “Universal Deluxe Twin room”; attention the other rooms unfortunately have a glass door to access the bathroom which makes access impossible in wheelchair.

MONDAY Hotel does not officially have a wheelchair friendly room but there is no obstacle and the bathrooms are open with “walk-in” shower. I hope this information will be useful 🙂

https://hotel-monday.com/apartment/nihonbashi/en/

https://koko-hotels.com/tsukiji_ginza_lang/en_t

Skip to content