Accessible budget hotel at Kansai International Airport

• Accessible budget hotel at Kansai International Airport

Posted by hannekedeenengmail-com on April 13, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Hi,

Does someone have experience with an accessible (and affordable) hotel at Kansai International Airport?

TabiFolk replied 6 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

April 14, 2018 at 10:44 am

Hello,

Since we are based in Tokyo, we don’t have many listings, but here are the budgets ones we have listed:

https://www.accessible-japan.com/?geodir_search=1&stype=gd_hotel&s=+&snear=&sgd_hotelcategory%5B%5D=66&sgeo_lat=&sgeo_lon=&set_location_val=33&set_location_type=2

If you have questions about a hotel we don’t have listed, please ask and we can try to find more information for you!

• hannekedeenengmail-com

April 20, 2018 at 5:42 am

As I will only travel to Osaka to connect to the flight back to the Netherlands, a hotel at or close to the airport would be convenient. I looked at Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport, which on Booking.com was reasonably priced given its location. I contacted them and hope to receive answers shortly. If communication is difficult or if I have specific questions, I’ll get back to you

Thanks again!!

• Accessible Japan

April 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Are you going to use the accessible room?

https://www.nikkokix.com/stay/py_universal_single.html

• hannekedeenengmail-com

April 20, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Yes, with the connecting twin room. Unfortunately the rooms are on the smoking floor, does that mean that the room is smoked in as well?? Is it usable if you are non-smoking. This is so strange to me: smoking in a hotel…

• hannekedeenengmail-com

April 20, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Yes, the only downside is that it is on the smoking floor. We do not have things like that anymore… Does that mean that it is allowed to smoke in the hallway? Or also in the rooms itself??

BTW, I wrote a post here, but did not yet send it as I was asked something. Then the post was gone when I returned (and this happened before…). Maybe it is something to be looked at?

• hannekedeenengmail-com

April 20, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Ah, okay, now I see that i DID send it 🙂 so no need to consider the BTW 🙂

• Accessible Japan

April 20, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Yes, it appears they only have a smoking room.  I am pretty sure that smoking in the hall is not allowed, but smoking in the room is.  So, the room may smell smokey unfortunately.  That is very odd that the only accessible room is smoking…

I see your other post as well. Please try writing to @atf-admin about the problem.

• hannekedeenengmail-com

April 21, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Are there no laws about providing non smoking rooms? In the Netherlands, smoking gets banned more and more (to help all those addicted to quit 😉 )…

Looking into the non-smoking rooms right now, as I have astma issues as well…

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    April 21, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Japan has been really slow to stop quitting…

It surprised me too that the accessible room is a smoking room.

Here is a video about smoking in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM1wpzlOVS8

Skip to content