Accessible Hotel Rooms!

• Accessible Japan

November 24, 2018 at 10:58 am

Great news!  This was great to see as well:

Aside from ensuring wheelchair-accessible hotel rooms, municipalities across Japan must also craft barrier-free policies after Nov. 1 and identify areas that need attention in order to implement them.

So great Japan got the Olympics/Paralympics (and now the World Expo in Osaka)!

• debsydubs39

January 18, 2019 at 10:01 am

Hi there

Hilton in Shinjuku had fully accessible rooms

I ended up booking a King Hilton room

They offered me a universal room as well as another type which gave me options

A bit pricey though, it’s probably going to be hard to find something a bit cheaper next time.

I know my son lives there and I do love Tokyo but I had to put our doggie in a kennel and she lost 2kgs ☹️?, not sure if I will go again

Arcade on basement level with restaurants (expensive) and coffee all close by and completely accessible and I also found Starbucks up the road and I was able to wheel myself in with plenty of room

Deborah

• anita

February 3, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Going to Tokyo with my husband.  He is in wheel chair but can walk a little.  Looking for a hotel with separate shower not over the bath as he cannot step into the bath.  Any suggestions.  Anita

• debsydubs39

February 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Hi there Anita

This is a great hotel but a bit pricey

There are handles on the door that opens outward but you have to stand in the hallway to open the door

That’s what I found anyway

Great station is not far away and very disabled friendly too

Accessible Japan is a great site and Josh is great to communicate with

My son speaks Japanese so this helped a lot

Take care

Deborah

Skip to content