Accessible travel on a budget in Japan tips

• Accessible travel on a budget in Japan tips

Posted by Accessible Japan on January 19, 2024 at 11:55 am

For everyone who has recently been to Japan, any tips for saving some money while you travel? Bonus if it relates to accessible travel!

schroth-sensei replied 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alliejay

January 20, 2024 at 12:04 am

This is not a specifically accessible related answer but depending on how many days you will be there and how much you plan on traveling by rail, definitely consider the Japan Rail Pass as it can save you money compared to buying individual train tickets. You can only purchase it as a tourist to Japan (citizens and residents don’t qualify, I believe).

Have fun!

• schroth-sensei

January 20, 2024 at 2:38 am

There are useful items at 100円ショップ (Hyaku En Shops or 100 Yen Shops): Like Dollar
    stores in the US, you can find many inexpensive things here
    that you may need for daily life (for both long or short stays). During my recent long stay in Japan I frequented
    one conveniently located at my closest train station, and all the stuff I
    bought didn’t feel cheap or break easy. It was great for laundry clips, detergent, dish-washing soap, pens, paper, utensils (found some awesome long-handed forks
    that work better for me, so I bought 3 I still use!), etc. They also have helpful stuff for
    travelers like many cell phone cords/charging outlets, umbrellas, Pancho’s, hair
    ties, brushing & flossing items, or even candies and small items that can be
    fun souvenirs.

Skip to content