Audio clips for website…

• Audio clips for website…

Posted by sarahjoan83 on January 19, 2024 at 3:46 am

Hi!

My husband and kids and I are interested in visiting Japan in the future. I have CP. I use a walker, and sometimes a power wheelchair when we are out.

I love your website, and it has been very helpful to both myself and my husband. I am aware that there is a section that explains how to ask where something is. However, being that we are new to learning Japanese through the Pimsleur app, (and because we don’t trust Google translate to be correct), I am wondering if you can please add audio clips on your website, so that we can be sure that we are pronouncing something correctly, before we ask.

Thank you so much!

sarahjoan83 replied 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

January 19, 2024 at 9:39 am

That is such a fantastic idea! Will look into how to best do it!

• sarahjoan83

January 19, 2024 at 10:00 am

Thanks!

• alliejay

January 20, 2024 at 12:10 am

This is a great idea!

If I can add my two cents, we found Japanese people to be very friendly. We speak near zero japanese (basics like excuse me, thank you, yes, no). Most places (especially in big cities) people speak a little English and the rest you can manage through pictures and pointing!

As for google maps, it worked reasonably well for us. Where it might get a little tricky is when you are searching for a particular thing, say a shop at Tokyo Station. We didn’t realize you have to pay attention to which level the shop is on as these places are multistory underground. Anyway, I am sure you will sort it out and have a wonderful time!

• sarahjoan83

January 20, 2024 at 1:16 am

To alliejay (sorry, I saw that I could reply to you, but only after I posted this comment separately and now I can’t delete it)

Thank you! While I know we don’t necessarily need to speak Japanese to visit Japan, my husband grew up in Germany as a missionary kid. So, he’s very big on learning a language before we go, so that we can properly communicate with people.

But it’s definitely good to know that people do speak English.

Skip to content