Baseball – Tokyo – September

• Baseball – Tokyo – September

Posted by Jacinta on April 7, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Hi, I am investigating the accessibility of going to a baseball game in September in Tokyo. This would preferably be at the Tokyo Dome for reduced travel distance and being enclosed in case the weather is a bit cool. Is there facilities for some in a fully motorised chair who requires a companion? Also if the answer is yes – what is the best way to book those tickets?

TabiFolk replied 5 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

April 7, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Hello,   

Thank you for contacting us. 

Yes, there are accessible seats available at Giants Games. 

https://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/dome/baseball/barrierfree/

Unfortunately…

1) You can only reserve them by calling  03-3817-6085

2) They open reservations 2 months in advance, so they may be booked by the time you arrive 

But, they might not be filled, so you may as well try! Or if you are staying at a hotel with a concierge, they may be able to help. 

Hope this helps

• Jacinta

April 7, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Thanks for that information

• Accessible Japan

April 8, 2018 at 11:48 am

Sorry it wan’t the happiest info. 🙁

• Accessible Japan

July 29, 2018 at 11:31 am

I hope this isn’t too late, but I just found out that @wilgo offers a service to get sports tickets! They also have a stylish accessible taxi to help get you there! So I wanted to tell you right away.

Check out this web page: https://odekakeoffice.jp/en/service/

Also, you wilgo is on this forum: https://www.tabifolk.com/members/wilgo/

Hope this helps

• Jacinta

August 7, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply it is great to hear that there is people out there offering this serice. I have just finished purchaing tickets with another vendor.

I told them all about your site, becuase I wanted to put their link in this post.  They were very happy to hear about your site. I wasn’t sure I had made myself clear in my intent, because instead they provided me with detailed instructions on how  to book tickets. I was wanting to advertise their service.  I will post the instructions in a further reply and you can delete if you don’t think it is appropriate.

• Jacinta

August 7, 2018 at 9:17 pm

How to purchased Barrier Free/ Accessible tickets to  Meiji Jingu Stadium –  Source : Japanball.com

Starting from the 5th of the month before the game you want to attend, call the Meiji Jingu Stadium Wheelchair Reservation number:

03-3404-8999

Yes, you will need to speak Japanese.

The information you need to tell them is:

·  Date and opponent of game (knowing the opponent acts as a kind of check that you have looked into the game)

·  Which side you want to sit on, Swallows or visiting team side

·  Looking at the zoomed in seating chart of the wheelchair spaces (http://www.jingu-stadium.com/ticket/entrance_fee/wheelchair.html), which slot number would you like? (#1 and #2 are apparently kind of difficult to see the whole field)

·  Number of wheelchairs (plus maximum of one attendant  per chair) and if either are children (9th grade or lower)

·  Name of the person in the wheelchair or helper who will pick up the tickets

·  Contact cell phone number to contact on day of game (if necessary)

·  Fax number (to send confirmation and slip to turn in at gate)

·  If going by car, license number, car make and color are needed

·  There is a discount for Fan Club members

Once the reservation is made, it cannot be cancelled. If you choose not to go, you will be sent a bill.

I suspect that if you don’t have a fax they will send the image via e-mail. (We have a fax specifically because many ball clubs require it for communication.)

Payment is made at the window near Gate 7 on the day of the game. Bring the fax and show ID that you are the person named on the fax. You then enter the stadium at Game 1, which is up the right hand side of the stadium.

The price ranges from ¥1,300 to ¥2,100 per person depending on the game. (The Swallows have four tiers of pricing depending on the opponent and day of the week. Fan Club members get ¥300 to ¥500 off.)

If you have more than one person joining the person in the wheelchair, the seating directly behind the wheelchair space is the “Swallows Side Outfield General Admission” or “Visitors Side Outfield General Admission” area. Cheering goods (jerseys, caps, etc.) for the opposing team are prohibited. For weeknight games, you can usually purchase General Admission tickets at the ballpark that night. That hasn’t always been the case this year as the Swallows are in the thick of qualifying for the post season. The teams also often sell more General Admission tickets than seats, so if you show up late, there is a chance you’ll be standing the whole game.

Procedures tend to change year to year, so this is really only valid for the 2018 season.

• Accessible Japan

August 8, 2018 at 11:29 am

Great to know, thank you!

You mentioned the need to speak Japanese… can you speak Japanese or did someone help you?

• Jacinta

August 9, 2018 at 6:58 pm

No, I don’t speak Japanese. The staff at Japanball.com did all the leg work. The charge about $50 USD as a service fee, but the service was fantastic.

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    August 9, 2018 at 7:43 pm

OK, good to know, thanks!

Skip to content