Buses that go to and from Shinjuku Staion station.

• Buses that go to and from Shinjuku Staion station.

Posted by Nick on March 28, 2024 at 5:32 pm

I understand there is a disabled friendly bus that goes in two circuits starting from Shinjuku Station and ending back up there. Not sure of the name of these buses or their numbers (very important) but it travels in two loops around the surrounding area of the city. Just a couple of question if anyone has tried these buses. Is it a cash only bus? Can you buy a day ticket on the bus? Do they get busy ,in other words will they accommodate a wheelchair person if they are busy? Any places of interest to get on and off? Thanks

AsiaMarketMakers replied 3 weeks, 5 days ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ohayo Travel

March 29, 2024 at 12:14 am

I think it is We Bus. Should also accept IC Card (Suica, Pasmo etc.)

https://www.tokyobus.or.jp/edotravel/shinjuku/index_en.html
    As in the sample itinerary, Tokyo Metropolitan Goverment Building, Shinjuku Gyoen Park, Kabukicho Tower are the most popular places.

• Nick

March 29, 2024 at 6:28 pm

Yes that’s the one! Brilliant It may not go far but it looks perfect. I take it you can pay on the bus for a day ticket or are there designated ticket machines in the station We would like to catch it close to our hotel .

• AsiaMarketMakers

April 1, 2024 at 7:31 am

I love travelling in Japan as people will go out of their way to help you.

Buses are a good way to see an area. A lot of buses now have steps that can be lowered and most have a special ramp for wheelchairs too.

Skip to content