Car rental agencie

• Car rental agencie

Posted by Anaïs K on October 23, 2023 at 12:36 am

Hello 🌸

I still need your valuable advice. Do you know car rental agencies with order? It would be to do Tokyo/ Nagano back and forth. And Kyoto/ Osaka.

I know this agence https://www.ido-support.com/english/rentacar.html

Has anyone ever used their services? Are there others?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Anaïs

Josh Grisdale replied 9 months ago 2 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Anaïs K

October 23, 2023 at 1:21 am

And also if you know taxi / driver with a van from Tokyo to Nagano ? Or from Kyoto to Osaka ?

Thanks 🙂

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    October 24, 2023 at 11:52 am

Hello,

Hiring a driver with an accessible van is VERY expensive. If you or someone in your group can drive, most rental car companies now have accessible cars you can rent. Here is an example for Orix: https://car.orix.co.jp/price/welcab.html

They have them in most cities.

• Anaïs K

October 24, 2023 at 6:43 pm

Thank you so much!

It reassures me 🙂

I had contacted “Nipon rent a car” and they had confirmed that it was possible but it seemed a bit blurry because they were showing me cars that could have a chair, and not the control options while driving.

I just contacted Orix to see how to book outside Japan, it’s another mission 🙂

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 24, 2023 at 6:51 pm

Oh! You need hand controls for the driver?

Sorry, the one I sent is just for riding in the back.

I’m not sure there are ones where the driver can be disabled in Japan other than Ido….

• Anaïs K

October 25, 2023 at 4:24 pm

And I just got the answer from Orix they don’t have a vehicle with hand control ;(

” We are sorry to tell you this, but we don’t have a suitable vehicle for drivers in a wheelchair. “

• Anaïs K

October 24, 2023 at 8:38 pm

Yes with hand control I apologize for not being precise enough 🙂

” Ido “does not accept foreign permits…

Here’s the answer I got from “Nipon rent a car :

“Some Tokyo area rental offices offers Universal car class but not in Kyoto or Osaka.

From Tokyo area, mainly offred car classes are K-AU class (HIJET Sloper)

Please refer here for Universal Car and consider to suitable for your party:
    https://www.nrgroup-global.com/en/universal-car.php#target01

We wonder such Universal cars are for passengers who use wheelchair. Please check K-AU class (HIJET Sloper).
    If you would like to check about the driver with disabilities, we need to check with our rental office so please tell us where you consider to pick up in Tokyo.”

When I go to their site, I have models of cars that can accommodate a wheelchair but no hand control … but the last sentence puts me in doubt?

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 27, 2023 at 10:57 am

I guess the best thing to do is keep asking! They may think there is no market for it, but if they get enough requests, they might change their mind!

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    October 25, 2023 at 11:10 am

I found this place in Osaka area. They have hand controls, but the cars look a bit small for anything more than a folding wheelchair…

https://task-rentacar.com/01service/tabirenta.html

They have “For English” page. It isn’t finished yet but just by having it it indicates they are at least open to renting to foreigners.

• Anaïs K

October 25, 2023 at 4:20 pm

Thank you so much Josh !

The agency “Ido” very kindly sent me their contact details too; I just sent them a message via their contact form:)

” Ido ” also has a page in English so fingers crossed ^^

I will keep you informed without fail!

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 27, 2023 at 10:44 am

Yes, please let us know!

• Anaïs K

October 27, 2023 at 9:57 pm

I still had no answer to my email sent to “Task “so I asked one of my acquaintances in Japan to call them directly (which she kindly did).

So foreigners can apply for a rental but registrations will not be open until the summer (I do not know the reason).

And from what I saw on their website they will cover, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka among others.

Regarding “Nipon rent a car” they propose that my customer directly drive his order; certainly not the ideal but it seems to be the only solution for the moment.

Hoping that this information is useful:)

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 28, 2023 at 4:39 pm

Very good to know, thanks!

Skip to content