Looking to travel to Japan and need accessibility information? Join our group discussion on accessible travel in Japan and discover the best tips and tricks.
The Japan group is a community of travelers who are passionate about exploring Japan and sharing their experiences with others. This group is dedicated to discussing all aspects of accessible travel in Japan, including accommodations, transportation, tourist attractions, and cultural experiences, as well as links to accessible travel companies and organizations.
Whether you have been here a million times or planning your first visit, the Japan group is a welcoming community that offers support and encouragement for travelers of all abilities. By sharing their experiences and knowledge, members of the group are helping to make travel in Japan more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
Are you sure you want to leave ?
Cruise from Japan
Cruise from Japan
My husband and I will be embarking on a cruise leaving from Yokoyama in mid October and making several stops in the south. My husband is a quadriplegic and has a power wheelchair that cannot fold and with him in it it weighs over 250 kgs. Would anyone be able to help with these questions:
- Medical Supplies: where could I buy bleach in Japan (for medical supply cleaning)
- Accessible transport: Ive tried to reach @wilgo but haven’t received a response. Are there other people who could transport us? My husband would require a ramp or lift into a vehicle.
- Medical Equipment: Are there any shower/commode wheelchairs that we could rent or purchase in Tokyo area? Does anyone have a name of a supplier?
- Rolling Around: how accessible are the train stations, curbs, sidewalks, new fish market?
- Hotels: what is the best location to stay in Tokyo or Yokohama for access purposes?
- Things to do: Are there sumo matches or kabuki theatres that would accommodate a power wheelchair?
- We would like to see Mt Fuji. Our cruise will stop in Shimizu. Is it better to go via Tokyo or Shimizu?
thanks so very much for any answers or recommendations you might have!
Log in to reply.