Ebisu Tower Ferris Wheel

• Ebisu Tower Ferris Wheel

Posted by BilandsInJapan on May 7, 2023 at 8:33 pm

Does anyone know if the Ebisu Tower (ferris wheel attached to the Don Quijote Dotonburi store in Osaka) is wheelchair accessible – I cannot find this info on the website?

BilandsInJapan replied 10 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

May 7, 2023 at 9:00 pm

I have never been, but looking around on the net, looks like it isn’t promising…

Here is an image of what the carriages look like:

https://www.sankei.com/article/20180119-QUYQC6FRNFONRDSKK7NDVR6P2I/photo/WMNO2Q4DXBOS5G4TDSVNRQXZBI/

After you step up into them the inner part rotates to face you outside. All the chairs are fixed and there is a safety bar that comes down….

There are also possibly steps up to the platform as well.

Maybe @joanp went?

If you are going to Nagoya as well, and want to ride a Ferris wheel on the side of a building, I was able to get on the Sky Boat at Sunshine Sakae.

• Joan Pahisa

May 8, 2023 at 1:23 am

No, the one in Dotonbori, unfortunately, is not wheelchair accessible.

As said below, the one near the Aquarium, Tempozan, is. I went there. There are 3 accessible cabins. They put a long ramp for you to board. Inside it’s quite narrow, so you most probably won’t be able to turn around. At least, when I went in 2018 it was like that. I don’t know if all 3 cabins are the same, though. Anyway, the view of the city from the top is quite good : )

• Josh Grisdale

May 8, 2023 at 9:48 am

Thank you!

That is a good point about the narrowness. Most ropeways are also narrow, so when riding a Ferris wheel or ropeway, it is good to think about what you want to see and which direction you want to face before getting on!

• BilandsInJapan

May 8, 2023 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Josh, also good info!

• BilandsInJapan

May 8, 2023 at 7:46 pm

Thanks so much Joan, great information!

• BilandsInJapan

May 7, 2023 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Josh, I agree it doesn’t look like it is!? We aren’t going to Nagoya, but I believe the Tempozan one, also in Osaka, is accessible so we will be able to ride that one.

Skip to content