Extended layover

  • Extended layover

    Posted by SeeMiaRoll on September 3, 2022 at 4:15 am

    Hello. I have an extended layover in Japan. Is there anyway I can get a three day visa and work with a tour company for individual tourism?

    Ohayo Travel replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Joan Pahisa

    September 3, 2022 at 5:03 am

    Hi Mia,

    I think that with the change in the new Japan entry regulations that take effect on the 7th September it should be possible, as now travel reservations still need to be done via a travel agency, but group and supervised tours are not mandatory anymore.

    I don’t know if @ohayotravel can help you with it. Otherwise, maybe @joshgrisdale can point you to other tour operators in Japan.

    I hope that you can make it! If you do, don’t hesitate to ask for accessible travel suggestions.

  • Josh Grisdale

    September 3, 2022 at 1:51 pm

    Hi there,

    Not much to add as Joan did such a great job. As he mentioned, things are getting a bit more relaxed but still much stricter than other countries.

    Also, @ohayotravel could give you the most accurate answer and also help arrange it for you. They are one of the best accessible travel operators in Japan.

  • Ohayo Travel

    September 3, 2022 at 3:44 pm

    Hi, I am not a specialist on visa in Japan but it is not allowed to work while people stay in Japan with short term visit visa. A working visa is issued for people who work and get remuneration in the below categories: Professor, Artist, Religious activities, Journalist, Business manager, Legal/Accounting services, Medical services, Researcher, Instructor, Engineer/Specialist in humanities/International services, Nursing care.

    for your reference:

    Visa in Japan https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/

    Working visa in Japan https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/visa1.html

  • tabifolk

    September 3, 2022 at 4:47 pm

    Hi again Mia,

    After rereading your question, can you please clarify something?

    You are here for 3 days because of a layover, and you are interested in doing a 3 day sightseeing tour and are looking for a company to help you make tour plans?


    You want to work (ie a job) for a company while here fort 3 days?

    Thank you for clarifying!

    • SeeMiaRoll

      September 6, 2022 at 2:08 am

      The first. I have a three day layover and would like to do some sightseeing.

  • Ohayo Travel

    September 3, 2022 at 4:52 pm

    If you need any help in planning a customized tour or something in Japan, we would be happy to assist you. Please let me know more in details for me to understand better.

    • SeeMiaRoll

      September 4, 2022 at 6:28 am

      Hey, I am doing this as a tourist and would love to work with someone.

    • SeeMiaRoll

      September 6, 2022 at 2:09 am

      Are you able to help me?

  • Ohayo Travel

    September 6, 2022 at 6:48 pm

    Sorry for the delay in response. Of course we can. We are a registered travel agency located in suburban Tokyo. Would you let me know your wish and needs for the holidays.

    You can use the below form or simply send mail to [email protected].


Log in to reply.

Skip to content