Ferry Sunflower – Ferry from Osaka to Kagoshima

• Ferry Sunflower – Ferry from Osaka to Kagoshima

Posted by Josh Grisdale on August 14, 2021 at 11:53 am

The other day I was puttering around YouTube and this video came up as a recommendation, so I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fSOQbB7UVU

I assumed there wouldn’t be any cabins I could use in my wheelchair but decided to check out the website anyway and low and behold the route to Kagoshima had a “Suite (wheelchair accessible)” that looks pretty big and has a toilet with handles and backrest etc. They even have a Google Maps-like 360 camera view to explore the room. Here is the cabin information:

https://www.ferry-sunflower.co.jp/en/route/osaka-shibushi/cabin/

They also have a hostel-type room called “Tourist” and “Tourist (wheelchair accessible)” though I’m not sure the difference – perhaps the “Tourist” one has a step?

The route to Beppu has a “First accessible room” but only a small picture and that it “has no step” to describe it. The route to Oita does NOT list any rooms with wheelchair accessible rooms.

I totally want to go on it… but not sure if I can get that much time off… If you have been on it, let us know!

Frank Heemskerk replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joan Pahisa

August 14, 2021 at 8:44 pm

That looks cool! Next time I’m in Osaka I may try it out. Actually, both Beppu and Kagoshima are on my to do list for my next trip : ) Thanks, Josh!

• Josh Grisdale

August 14, 2021 at 8:56 pm

If you do, I hope to get a blog post out of it!

• Joan Pahisa

August 14, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Sure, I will : ) Though, as things are now, it’ll probably take some time…

• Ean Price

August 22, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

• Frank Heemskerk

August 27, 2021 at 7:10 pm

looks good

Skip to content