Fushari Inari – accessible?

• Fushari Inari – accessible?

Posted by disneyanytime on May 1, 2024 at 12:46 am

We will be in Kyoto during the summer and my son is non ambulatory in manual wheelchair. We would love to get him as close as possible to what others might see at certain sites – one of which is Fushari Inari outside Kyoto. I read on another post that there was a work around but the post was from 2018. Does anyone have any ideas or personal experience lately that might help us enjoy this site?

Tak replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Nicola

May 1, 2024 at 12:50 am

Hey! You can’t get all the way to the top but there is a slope to get to the temples at the bottom and then a lift to take you to the first and second set of gates which are accessible by wheelchair. Think the lift closes at 5pm so don’t go too late!

• Nicola

May 1, 2024 at 12:53 am

I should add the lift is a bit hidden away, you go past the temples and it’s tucked away down a path in the top right hand corner if you’re looking up towards the hill. A couple of the slopes are a bit steep but I’m sure will be manageable as long as your son isn’t really heavy (I’m also a non ambulatory manual wheelchair user). Hope that helps!

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    May 1, 2024 at 8:45 am

Thank you @Nicnaku for the excellent reply. Here is our post from Accessible Japan with some pictures of the slopes and elevator:

https://www.accessible-japan.com/places/japan/kyoto/kyoto/attractions/fushimi-inari-shrine/

• disneyanytime

May 2, 2024 at 7:49 am

Thank you!

• Tak

May 2, 2024 at 12:36 pm

Hello everyone

Senbon trii (thousands of trii gates in English) is the most famous place in Fushimi-inari shrine and also You can go there with a wheelchair.

I run a taxi company for people with disabilities in kansai area. I also have a tour conductor qualification.
      I am so happy to take you to Fushimi-Inari also many other places and if you want.
      Our car can hold one wheelchair + 4people.
      Please feel free to contact me.
      If you want, I will give you my email add, company profile and pictures of the car.

Skip to content