Help

• Help

Posted by zack on February 4, 2019 at 8:15 am

I am an American with muscular dystrophy who wishes to live and work in japan I am trying to reach out to multiple people including Josh Grisdale

I am going to school to be a video game designer. living in japan is a huge goal it gets me excited like nothing else.

Thank you in advance,

Zachary LeBlanc

Josh Grisdale replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

February 4, 2019 at 11:55 am

Hi!

Josh here.  From my experience, the government seems pretty open to people with disabilities coming to Japan (I had no issues getting work visas and even citizenship), or at least it isn’t a stopping factor.

But the government accepts applications, which means you will need a company who will apply for you.  I think that is the biggest challenge for coming to Japan.

If you are still a student, you could get a student visa to study at a school here and then find a job here that will offer a visa.

Have you visited Japan before?  Before discussing living here, it is always good to visit first!

Hope this helps.

• zack

February 4, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much. I have not visited but am trying to do a exchange program.

• Josh Grisdale

February 4, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Sounds great, please post any travel questions you have and we’ll do our best to answer them!

Skip to content