HOTEL TOKYU SHIBUYA

• HOTEL TOKYU SHIBUYA

Posted by Steven on February 12, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Hi, I’m visiting Tokyo in May and have come across Hotel Tokyu in Shibuya during my search of a universal (wheelchair accessible) room. From the info I’ve seen and the few pictures the management has sent me, it looks like it’s ticks all boxes. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the accessible room and what there thoughts were on the room. I am completely confined to a power wheelchair so I need to know if the toilet would fit a shower chair over it, the bed sizes and any other important information. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

Kamil replied 6 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

February 12, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Hi @Steven_Patrick

Thanks for joining us on the forum!  Just to clarify, there are two hotels run by Tokyu in Sibuya:

Which one are you thinking of staying at?

I don’t see an accessible room at Shibuya Tokyu REI Hotel, so, I’m guessing you mean Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu?

Just want to confirm (^_^)

Thanks!

• Steven

February 12, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Shibuya Exel Hotel Tokyu is what I was looking at. Sorry for the confusion

• Accessible Japan

February 12, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for clarifying!

I have never stayed there (I live in Tokyo, so no need to stay in a hotel!), but we had a person who rented equipment to be delivered there a few years ago.  I will reach out to them.

Also, I think that some other forum members stayed near there…

@Kamil and @maria where did you stay in Tokyo and how was it?

• Steven

February 12, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Thanks. Also Sandy Patrick’s my Mum, she’s the one that’s been emailing you the last couple of days about where to stay.

• Accessible Japan

February 12, 2018 at 8:16 pm

My mom helped me on my first trip here 18 years ago too! (^_^) Moms are awesome!

You mentioned getting pictures from the management.  Would you mind uploading them here as a record to help future visitors?

• Steven

February 12, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Bathroom photos Shibuya Exel Hotel Tokyu

• Accessible Japan

February 12, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Awesome, thanks!

I have also shared on Twitter and Facebook – hopefully we’ll find someone!

• Kamil

February 12, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Hi! We stayed at Shinbashi Atagoyama Tokyu REI Hotel. I used the special room and it was great in every aspect.

• Steven

February 12, 2018 at 10:48 pm

You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures would you? There’s a few online but it’d be good if I could get a better view of the bathroom, including the toilet

• Kamil

February 12, 2018 at 11:22 pm

No, unfortunately I don’t have pictures, but I can assure you that the bathroom in the special room is huge, and the room itself really spacious. We stayed 3 people there (2 wheelchair users) and still had plenty of space.

Page 1 of 2

Skip to content