Hotels That Allow USA Service Dog

• Hotels That Allow USA Service Dog

Posted by HarryUSA on October 27, 2022 at 8:58 pm

My American Service dog requires a medical treatment in Tokyo, we already comply with the Rabies Quarantine requirements and I have found a private dog-friendly taxi to assist during our stay now, I am looking for a hotel that will welcome us for about 2 weeks. The dog is small and will be inactive because of the medical procedure; I do not speak Japanese thus, I am hoping for recommendations here. The Yokohama area is preferred, if possible. Thank you.

HarryUSA replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

October 27, 2022 at 10:29 pm

Hi!

Two questions:

1. Are you getting an official temporary license for your service dog while here?
    2. Does your disability require an accessible room? Or is a standard room ok?

I ask because, if you are getting the temporary license, that you should not be discriminated for your dog and be able to stay in any hotel*, and if you can use a regular room, then you could also look at dog friendly hotel.

However, thee first place I would check is Keiyo Hotel in Shinjuku as they are the first hotel in Japan to have a dog toilet for assistance dogs and can provide a dog bed and bowls I believe.

Anyway, let us know those answers and we can go from there.

*Many places are still woefully unaware of rules for allowing assistance dogs though…

• CPN Heather

October 28, 2022 at 2:11 am

Kimpton Hotels are known for being pet-friendly, and they have a new location in Shinjuku. In the US, they are one of the few chains that don’t charge fees either. I haven’t had a chance to visit this location yet to see how they work in Japan, though. https://www.kimptonshinjuku.com/pet-stay/

• CPN Heather

October 28, 2022 at 11:01 am

I hope to do a site inspection of the Kimpton in December, so I can share photos then. I always make a point to ask about accessible rooms and “pet friendly” policies. Based on my personal stays with my furry members of the family, Kimpton is the best for pets hands-down.

• HarryUSA

October 28, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I do not need an accessible room and I do not think I will get the temporary permit, I am already overwhelmed with the amount of the paperwork necessary for short term travel and the surgery.

I found the Kimpton during an Expedia search and, although its over an hour from the clinic, it seems the most pet friendly accomodation supplying a pet bed, treats, etc.

I also found a pet friendly taxi who will pick us up at the airport, take us to the hotel and clinic and generally, be there when I need them. Thats a relief.

I will look at the Keiyo Hotel, thank you. I would be grateful for any other suggestions as well. The closer I can be to the clinic, the better however, I am going to do my best to enjoy Tokyo when I am there as well so a bit of a journey is ok.

I really appreciate your kind and prompt responses!

• Josh Grisdale

October 28, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Can you let us know the nearest station to the hotel? Tokyo and Yokohama are very big, so knowing the general area can help us make suggestions.

• HarryUSA

October 28, 2022 at 9:03 pm

The Keio Plaza looks amazing. I will email them to ask about their Service Dog policy, thank you!

• CPN Heather

October 30, 2022 at 7:13 am

Let me know if you don’t get a response. I have a contact there.

• HarryUSA

October 30, 2022 at 9:02 am

Thank you, much appreciated. I will give them a few days.

• HarryUSA

October 28, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Josh, the nearest Station is Azamino Station. My pup needs heart surgery at the specialized hospital clinic just steps from this Station. Thank you.

Skip to content