Ideas on Medical assistance for UTI

• Ideas on Medical assistance for UTI

Posted by Deb on November 3, 2023 at 8:18 am

Good morning from Kagoshima! My son and I are close to finishing our cruise and we can tell that he has developed a UTI 😖

Any advice? I could/may go to the ships doctor just to see if there is anything he can prescribe anything.

Has anyone had this situation when in Japan? Is there any over the counter product that you can suggest for us- we will be back in Canada within the week but don’t want to wait that long to deal with this. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Deb

Josh Grisdale replied 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

November 3, 2023 at 8:36 am

Oh no!!

I would see the ship’s doctor first. They might have something. There may be some stuff at a drugstore but not sure how effective it will be. You could go to a local doctor, but it is a long weekend so might need a hospital. (And even if you have travel insurance, you’ll need to pay initially. )

But UTIs can be dangerous so I’d definitely see the ship’s doctor.

The word would be “bōkō-en” in Japanese.

• Deb

November 3, 2023 at 10:40 am

Thanks Josh we are going through immigration shortly and plan to visit the Dr once we get back. And yep, they can be serious, especially for the disabled so we are paying attention! I have cousin who we will be seeing in Yokohama on Sunday night so I may ask him to do a drugstore run!

Appreciate the reply

Deb

• Josh Grisdale

November 9, 2023 at 2:56 pm

How did things work out?

Skip to content