Japan in August

• Japan in August

Posted by Valerie on May 29, 2024 at 6:01 am

Hi guys, looking for any info and advice you might have about Japan in August to early sept. Are the beaches alright to spend a few days on or does the risk of typhoons make this a risky thing to do. Are there any really stand out beaches that have cafes and are reasonably accessible. I can walk, but not very far. I’ll be hiring a chair for the trip. We fancy spending the last few days of our trip chilling out somewhere tropical.

Thankyou,

Valerie

Tak replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    May 29, 2024 at 8:42 am

Yes, Typhoons can be a thing at that time of year. But also beaches “close” here, so some places have places to sit out and drink, but only during the summer.

Do you have a general area in mind? Okinawa is the obvious choice for tropical – but pretty far away if you weren’t already planning on being there…

If it lines up with your timing, here is a possibility near Tokyo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRU9Ty3C-aM

• Valerie

May 29, 2024 at 10:06 am

Hey Josh, I was thinking maybe Okinawa, was just unsure of how safe it might be, say the first week in September? Is there any particular spot there you would recommend?

• Tak

June 6, 2024 at 11:05 am

Dear Valerie
    Nice to meet you. I’m glad that you are considering visiting Japan. As Josh-san said, Okinawa is a wonderful place, but it’s a very remote place. Especially in September, there are many typhoons, and flights are often cancelled. However…No matter where you go in Japan in August and September, it’s “tropical”. There are many good beaches if you don’t have to be in Okinawa.
    The following recommendations are available near Osaka.
    This city is also a famous hot spring town.

Best regards.

Taka

Skip to content