Narita Airport Assistance

• Narita Airport Assistance

Posted by wheeliewife on August 17, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience of ‘assistance’ at Narita airport?  Specifically – my husband needs lifting from the airplane seat back into his wheelchair (we always ask that this is returned to the aeroplane door).

In the UK you have to book assistance through a company and they arrive at the plane to lift him in and out of his seat.  We have booked the highest level of ‘assistance’ through our airline (British Airways) but this does not include getting him lifted in and out of the seat.  How can I ensure this happens when we fly in and out or Narita Airport?

I have already messaged their ‘assistance’ department but had no reply.

Do you know if this will happen automatically or is there anything I need to do to ensure this will happen?

Many thanks!

wheeliewife replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

August 17, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Hi there!

The ground staff here are great.  I have never been left sitting on the plane and they are always very kind.  When you arrive two staff will bring an aisle chair to your seat and then help transfer your husband to the wheelchair.  They will push him until he gets his wheelchair back, and very likely help you through immigration and customs if you want their help.  I know some people who had staff help them right to their train.

It wouldn’t be something you need to arrange, the airline should inform the airport automatically.

Hope this helps!

• wheeliewife

August 18, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Fantastic!!  I thought the service would be well organised.

Thank you for your reply.

Skip to content