Narita Airport Taxi

• Narita Airport Taxi

Posted by Kathie on January 20, 2024 at 6:47 am

My husband and I are arriving at Narita Airport in April and we need transportation to our hotel in Yokohama. He has a manual wheelchair. Will there be wheelchair accessible taxis at the airport. Do we need to reserve one? What company do we contact to make a reservation.

Kathie replied 3 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • CPN Heather

January 20, 2024 at 11:08 am

Kathie, you will need to make special arrangements in advance. Someone that speaks Japanese will need to call the taxi company for you. Let me know if you need further assistance.

• Josh Grisdale

January 20, 2024 at 11:18 am

There are a few taxi companies on the site here @wilgo and @oshidori but not sure if they serve Narita Airport. Heather also likely has some great contacts if you contact her. (By the way, you can add someone as a contact, and if they accept you can send private messages to discuss details or share contact information.)

I’m not sure of your budget, but just be warned that Narita is quite far from Tokyo and taxi rides from Narita to Tokyo can be very expensive, and Yokohama is on the other side. You may want to take Narita Express to Tokyo and then get the taxi to Yokohama etc.

• schroth-sensei

January 20, 2024 at 11:41 am

I agree with Josh, Narita Airport is far from Tokyo and Yokohama. If you can adjust your booking to Haneda Airport instead you may save yourself an hour or two travel.

• wilgo

January 20, 2024 at 1:35 pm

Hi, Kathie:
    Wilgo, based in Tokyo Prefecture, serves visitors arriving at Narita airport, but the destination ( your hotel) should be in Tokyo prefecture due to the accessible taxi business license. On the other hand, Wilgo can introduce you our business associates who drive accessible taxies near Narita or Yokohama, so that they can take you to your hotel in Yokohama from Narita Airport. They are good at English as well.

• Kathie

January 21, 2024 at 12:48 am

Thank you so much! I’ve sent a request for several quotes and look forward to hearing back. I’ve been searching for many hours trying to find the service you provide.

• Nick

January 20, 2024 at 7:25 pm

Hi Kathie, I have just booked Wilgo for a trip from Haneda to Shinjuku. We thought that the most important thing to do once arriving in Japan was to get to the hotel asap without any complications. We will use the trains after that and use the great advice given by everyone on this site.

Skip to content