Osaka River Cruise

• Osaka River Cruise

Posted by athard on July 19, 2018 at 12:58 am

Hello: I am visiting Osaka next month and would love to do a river cruise there. I was wondering if there is a wheelchair accessible river cruise that I can use. One member of my group is on a wheelchair. I wrote to a couple of the vendors and no one responded.

Thank you in advance.

Accessible Japan replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

July 19, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Sure, we can look!

Which companies did you ask?

Also, about the wheelchair/user: is it a power or manual chair?  Can it be folded? Can he/she walk a little?

Thanks!

• Accessible Japan

July 20, 2018 at 11:13 am

One of the big problems with tourism in Japan is that often the English information is only bare-bones so it almost never covers accessibility!

Just checked Ipponmatsu Tonbori Cruise, Aqua Resort (Suijyo Bus), and Duck Tour.  They all had info in Japanese on accessibility, and unfortunately all are inaccessible due to steps at the dock/loading/entrances.  The closest offer of help was that if you can walk with assistance, and get up a few steps, you could take your folding wheelchair.

Sorry for the bad news.

• athard

July 20, 2018 at 11:41 pm

Thank you. I did some research too. I found out that the Kobe Luminous 2 cruise is accessible. The journey to Kobe port from osaka downtown is about an hour. So not too bad.

You are right about the language barrier. I called the Yamazaki brewery to see if it is wheelchair accessible. I gave up after 15 mins. Will have to ask a Japanese friend to call. ?

• Accessible Japan

July 22, 2018 at 11:18 am

Great to hear.  Please share what you find out about the Yamazaki brewery and post a new topic!  Every bit of information will help others with the same question at a later time!

Skip to content