Queue with wheelchair ?

• Queue with wheelchair ?

Posted by Nad on April 7, 2023 at 7:59 pm

Hi 😊

I was wondering if you need toi queue when you want to visit something in Japan when you are in wheelchair ? Or is there a special queue for people with disabilites ?

Because when you try to take your ticket early for some visit (umeda Sky building, Tokyo Sky stree…) you can’t Book a ticket on website with the discount for people with disabilites.

Does it mean you have to queue toi buy a discount ticket ? Or you can show up AT the begining of the queue with your invalidity card ?

Thanks 😊

Nad replied 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    April 7, 2023 at 9:27 pm

Hi

Soooo, really hard to answer because it depends on the place. Very often they will usher you to the head of the line, show your disability card, and go in. But some places you line up with everyone. Last time I was at Skytree (a while ago!) I think I skipped the line.

You have a disability card from your country?

• Nad

April 7, 2023 at 10:28 pm

Thanks for the answer !

It is for my aunt : she is 75 years old and, she is in manual wheelchair and she has a disabilites card from our country (France). It is so hard to know what we can and can’t do in other country 😅 i dont want to make a mistake, but i know that she is easily tired so i’m afraid of queueing 😕

• alliejay

April 7, 2023 at 10:32 pm

Hi Nad:

Part time wheelchair user here. When I was in Japan, my husband and I (in my wheelchair) would just queue up in the normal queue. Like Josh said, it depends on the place. Some areas would have a different accessible entrance (ramp, lift) others it was just a common entrance.

It might be good to have whatever documentation you have with you in case it can get you access if there is an opportunity for it.

• Joan Pahisa

April 8, 2023 at 6:29 pm

Hi Nad,

It’s as Josh said. I’m just adding that the last time that I went to Tokyo Skytree we were able to get the disability discount with our countries cards. In other places, though, they only accepted Japanese disability cards.

• Nad

April 10, 2023 at 1:27 am

Ok thanks for your answer, i didn’t thought a foreign invalidity car (with the sniversal sign for wheelchair/ disabilities) can be refuse in Japan. I’m gonna see with the agency if someone can translate my aunt card 🙃

Skip to content