Recommended site is Kyoto for a day

• Recommended site is Kyoto for a day

Posted by Cecilia on March 31, 2024 at 11:27 am

Me and my 90yo Mom would be riding the Bullet train from Haneda to Kyoto.

So what do you recommend sites that are near the train station or sites to see.

My Mom would be mostly on wheelchair /we have a walker/wheelchair for her.

We rented a hotel in Shiokoji-sagaru. No idea how far that is from the train station.

Plan to go back the following morning to the train to to see Osaka/or Mt Fuji .

Is that doable?

Would really appreciate some insights.

Cecilia.

Josh Grisdale replied 1 month, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jul

March 31, 2024 at 5:51 pm

Hello,

When we were in Kyoto we took some cabs. It was easy to access to temples.

We Spent Two full days in Kyoto and it was not enough. If I can share you my opinion for your travel, you Could stay a Little bit more in Kyoto ( and maybe Nara) instead of going to Osaka if you want to visit temples.

Enjoy your trip.

• AsiaMarketMakers

April 1, 2024 at 7:24 am

I would recommend using taxis or go on a customised tour where they can take you where they recommend.

• Cecilia

April 2, 2024 at 5:21 am

Thankyou for your replies.

So i was wondering..to get JR pass.. minimum is for 7 days for$370.. something per head..

My question is.. where can i use it effectively.

We will be in Japan for 5d only.

Of course with my wheelchair/ walker 90yo Mom.

Thank you

• Josh Grisdale

April 2, 2024 at 4:54 pm

It used to be worth it if you did Tokyo-Osaka and back, but after the prices went up it has become debatable. You can use Google Maps to plan out a few of your routes and look at the prices to see if it is more or less than the pass price.

Also, remember that it is only for JR, and not subways or private rail lines. So to “make it worth it” you may need to take a longer route on JR even though a ride on a subway/private line may be faster or easier.

Skip to content