Repair/Maintenance of Electric Wheelchairs?

• Repair/Maintenance of Electric Wheelchairs?

Posted by supremebananas on April 22, 2019 at 2:03 am

So I’m thinking of travelling to Japan with my main Permobil Electric Wheelchair. Now I don’t expect anything to go wrong, but if worst comes to worst, who/what can I contact if I need maintenance/repairs and what are the costs involved, if any?

supremebananas replied 4 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

April 22, 2019 at 9:14 am

Hello,

Very wise!  You never know when something might happen, and better to know in advance!

Here is the contact information for Permobil Japan:

https://permobilkk.jp/about

You may want to ask @bookman about his experience.  He had his Permobil repaired in Tokyo.

• Mark

April 22, 2019 at 9:41 am

Hello!

I brought my Permobil Corpus F3 with me from the United States to Japan. I’m pleased to say that I’ve had very few issues, sans the fact that it’s a bit too big for some traditional shops and restaurants.

In terms of repair, there’s a Permobil dealership in the middle of Morishita (Tokyo). I’ve worked with them on two occasions and received excellent service both times. In fact, the Tokyo dealership has a much faster turn-around time than their American counterparts and was able to see me/fix my chair on the same day.

I’d be happy to answer any specific questions/concerns you might have!

Cheers.

• supremebananas

April 23, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Hi @bookman.

I don’t really have anything specific, but it was just in case of emergencies. I’m from the Netherlands, and although my wheelchair is a Permobil C500, my supplier, Welzorg, is responsible for all the repairs and maintenance, so I was wondering how it works with costs, but I’ll ask Welzorg then. I plan on getting a thorough checkup before I go in order to minimize chances of breakage anyways, but you never know.

Skip to content