Request for an Interview

• Request for an Interview

Posted by alisa-shimizu on October 4, 2018 at 12:41 pm

Hello. My name is Alisa Shimizu.

I am a fourth-year university student at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.

I wanted to inquire if I can have an interview with Mr. Josh Grisdale since I am currently writing a final thesis about foreigners with disabilities living in Japan and how we can improve as a society.

I’ll be extremely grateful if I can interview to gain more knowledge and information regarding this topic.

I am now living in Tokyo but willing to travel anywhere (in Japan) to have this important interview.

Thank you in advance, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Alisa Shimizu

alisa-shimizu replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Mark

October 4, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Hey Alisa,

I’m not Josh, but I’m friends with him. I’d be happy to reach out and make sure he sees this.

By the way, I am also a foreigner with a physical disability living and working in Japan. In fact, I’m currently a visiting research at the University of Tokyo’s Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology. My research focuses on the history and politics of accessibility in Japan over the last one-hundred years, and conditions for foreigners are certainly a part of that. You can read more about me/my work on my website here.

Please feel free to reach out anytime!

Mark Bookman

• Josh Grisdale

October 4, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Hi Alisa!

sounds great ?

if you add me as a friend I’ll send you a message and we can discuss details.

Definitely chat with Mark too – he always has great input.

Josh

• alisa-shimizu

October 4, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Dear Mr. Bookman

Thank you so much for your speedy reply I really appreciate it.

I’ll be looking forward to hear about Mr. Grisdale and meet him in person if possible.

I read about you and your work and I was also wondering if it’s possible to have an interview with you as well since I’m extremely interested in your research. Also, I want to make a comparison with Japan and other countries such as the United States.

I understand that you must be very busy with your research, but I’ll be very grateful if you can spare some time for me to interview you.

This is my email address: [email protected]

This is my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alisa.shimizu313

Thank you in advance and hope to meet you in person.

Sincerely,

Alisa

Skip to content