Sakura and Spring temperature in Osaka

• Sakura and Spring temperature in Osaka

Posted by maria on September 2, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Hello Blush,

I will travel to Osaka, and I was wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to see the sakura trees in blossom if I arrive on the begging of April. Do you think it’s too late?

Does also anyone know how is the weather in Osaka during April? What is the average temperature I should expect?

maria replied 4 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joan Pahisa

September 3, 2019 at 2:10 am

Hi Maria,

In 2018, Sakura were still in full bloom by the 1st April. That day I went to Banpaku Koen (north of Osaka) and the sight was still splendid. However, it didn’t last much longer (a couple or three days more). In the end, it will come down to the year (whether it’s a cold or a hot year). In Osaka, the sakura usually bloom between late mid-late March, beginning April.

As for the weather, usually in April it’s getting good. Mild temperatures ranging between 15-22ºC during the day and 8-14ºC at night. In general, it’s pretty sunny, though there are ocasional rains too, so you’ve got to be ready for all-around weather, though not too cold neither too hot.

I wish you good luck with the sakura! If you weren’t lucky and don’t miss the full bloom by much, if you have the chance, you can always go to Kyoto, where it blooms a bit later.

Anyway, I hope you have a great trip!

• maria

September 3, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Thank you for all the information! Blush

I didn’t know that in Kyoto they bloom later! That’s a relief then, as I plan to visit Kyoto as well Blush

• Joan Pahisa

September 3, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Kyoto is usually a bit colder on winter, so there may be an average of 2-4 days full blooming delay. It’s not much, but it can make a difference if you get there a bit tight. Nevertheless, in the end it comes down to the year.

I’m glad it was helpful!

• maria

September 4, 2019 at 4:03 am

Great Blush Thank you again for the information 🙂

Skip to content